Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ved Prakash (Parkash) Arya

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PatW

PatW Report 6 Dec 2016 21:14

Can anyone help with the whereabouts of the above. He was born in 1931 but I don't know where. He married Margaret Grace Gouldbourne in Liverpool 21.11.1958 and then moved to Preston Lancashire. Ved and Margaret were divorced just after 1962. He did try to contact his daughters several years ago via the .Salvation .Army. He was living in Uxbridge Middlesex and died in 2012

patchem

patchem Report 6 Dec 2016 21:25

Do you know when he was definitely alive, just to rule out some early deaths such as in the 1980's and 1990's?

added:
Marriage index has his surname as Arya - is Anya correct?

PatW

PatW Report 6 Dec 2016 21:30

Not sure but think he was alive as late as 2000.
Pat

patchem

patchem Report 6 Dec 2016 21:32

If the surname is Arya, then unfortunately this looks like a possible death for him:

Mr Ved Parkash Arya
Birth Date: 1932
Death Date: 29 May 2012
Residence Place at Death: Uxbridge, Greater London, England
Postal Code District: UB10

patchem

patchem Report 6 Dec 2016 21:36

will information:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01j06/

PatW

PatW Report 6 Dec 2016 22:08

I have looked at a copy of his marriage certificate and yes his surname is Arya. I don't know if he ever married again but I now know what happened to him.
Many thanks for your help. Pat

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Dec 2016 23:42

The link patchem gave opens to the Probate Calendar, a government site.

Although its only a Grant, a copy of it may help you to find people who knew him. it would cost £10

As the entry gives a date of death, you could order a copy of the DC from gro at £9.25. Don't tick the box that asks if you know the registration reference.
The information given, which is only as good as the informants knowledge, might tell you where he was born. It would certainly give you the address where he lived, and possibly his widow or a previous wife's name.

Since he had tried to trace the children from his marriage with Margaret, they might be willing to tell you a bit about his life.

PatW

PatW Report 6 Dec 2016 23:52

The 2 children he had with Margaret were only very small when their parents divorced so unfortunately they know very little as he was not in touch with them for at least 40 years.
Pat

PatW

PatW Report 6 Dec 2016 23:54

When he did try to get in touch with them they decided they didn't want to,know as there was too much distance between them.
Pat

patchem

patchem Report 7 Dec 2016 00:01

If you use ved arya and 192.com you will find him in Uxbridge with other people surname Arya :
Kusum Arya, Viney K Arya, Chetna Arya, Nitya Arya
if the correct person, these people are a link to him and how he was....

PatW

PatW Report 7 Dec 2016 12:29

I have looked at the directory but can't find anyone with the surname Arya in Uxbridge so maybe they are all ex directory.
I have looked at the electoral roll and seen the names of the people who lived at his address.
Thank you to everyone for their help. I will pass all the information on to his daughter.
Pat

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Dec 2016 08:07

It looks like Kusum may have been his wife

MS Kusum Rani Arya
Birth Date: 1944
Death Date: 15 Mar 2008
Residence Place at Death: Uxbridge, Greater London, England
Postal Code District: UB10

not seeing another marriage for Ved though