Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Long Lost Cousins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 5 Dec 2016 13:16

I am trying to find information about two of my cousins, they are;

Jacqueline Smith, born 1945 in Camberwell, (Dulwich) Father Patrick Michael Smith, mother Doris Harriet Smith (Nee Locke)

Sandra Smith, born 1948 in Camberwell, (North West Camberwell) Father Patrick Michael Smith, mother Doris Harriet Smith (Nee Locke)

I do not know if they had any other siblings.

Their father joined the RAF in 1947 so they could have moved away from Camberwell.
Patrick and Doris subsequently divorced and he re-married in Blackpool in 1952

malyon

malyon Report 5 Dec 2016 20:41

hi Terence you have another thread awhile ago

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1362530

malyon

malyon Report 5 Dec 2016 20:51

did the girls stay with their mother?
wonder if doris moved back to Camberwell that's if she left there

Terence

Terence Report 6 Dec 2016 11:25

Thanks for your reply again, yes I have had a few threads on here. It is all very complicated, their father Patrick Michael Smith (my uncle) married Doris Harriet Locke in Camberwell in 1943, as far as I can see they only had the two girls Jacqueline and Sandra who are my cousins. Unfortunately our family dispersed and lost touch so I did not even know I had these two cousins until recently. I know that Patrick Michael joined the RAF in 1947 and spent a lot of time at RAF Stations around Lancashire. He divorced Doris (I don't know when) and remarried in Blackpool in 1952.

I don't know if Doris and children accompanied Patrick to his postings in the RAF or just stayed in Camberwell. The last address I have is in 1947 from Sandra's birth certificate "15 Paxton House, Browning Estate, Southweald SE17"

I am trying to find out what happened to Jacqueline and Sandra, if they married or their whereabouts now. Trouble is with Smith surname and no middle names, I realise how difficult it is.

Terence

Terence Report 6 Dec 2016 11:44

Sorry the address above should read Southwark SE17 not Southweald

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Dec 2016 16:01

And an earlier one
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1359037

Tererence, rather than starting new threads its better to keep all the known and background info in one place. You can occasionally resurect previous threads by just adding a new post to the bottom. That will bring them to the top of the boards again.

As you've already realised, such common names as Jacqueline Smith & Sandra Smith with no middle names are extremely difficult to trace.