Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking For Maddocks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

richard

richard Report 1 Dec 2016 17:49

Looking for any body from the Salford area around the early 1990's under the name of Maddocks.. family looking for family

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Dec 2016 17:55

Can you list some forenames and years when born?

Rose

richard

richard Report 1 Dec 2016 22:17

Richard born 1989
Robert born 1987
Ian born 1991
Mum Joanne Maddocks born around 1969
Matthew around 1992
Heather 1996

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Dec 2016 10:27

Just to clarify

Are you the Richard 1989, & the other names your immediate family?
Are you in contact with all of them, or is it they who you are hoping to find?

richard

richard Report 2 Dec 2016 10:40

Yes I am , I am with rob and Ian but I am trying to trace the others particularly Joanne

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 2 Dec 2016 11:49

Richard you are being a little terse!

'Mum Joanne Maddocks born around 1969'

if Maddocks was her birth name, yes, or late 1968 possibly.

She is the mum of you and all of the other people in your list?

but none of them is in touch with her? or with the other siblings (if that is what they are)?

Not to pry anything out that you prefer to keep private, but is this an adoption situation? would the others still have the same names? did you/they grow up with Joanne (or fostered, or adopted, or grew up with your father ...)?

Is there any chance that any of them would be using the other surname the births were registered under?

For people to help you in the search, they have to have a bit of information to go on, if only so they are not 'finding' information that isn't lost - that you already have.

It is always possible that the people you are looking for will google their names and find this site, but given the unlikelihood of that happening, getting help from other members is your best shot.

If this does involve adoption, there is specific information and advice that people here can give you.

richard

richard Report 2 Dec 2016 13:20

My full name is richard day my brothers are Robert day and Ian day we were adopted into the day family in 1992 and were told Mathew and heather were born after this our birth name was maddocks and all we now is that our mum was called Joanne maddock I hope this helps looking to reconnect
:-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 2 Dec 2016 13:32

In case you didn't know, Richard, you and your siblings were all double registered, under the surname Jones. This would seem to mean that you had the same father, who consented to being named on your birth certificates. I don't know whether that might help, but if he and Joanne stayed together, it could help you find her.

She might go by the name Jones in fact.

Do you have your birth certificate and does it give the information about your father?

since you need paid access to the Ancestry website or another like it, to look up that information, one of us can send you the birth registration details privately.

(I'm just having to finish some work in the next few hours but I can do it then if no one has.)

richard

richard Report 2 Dec 2016 16:30

I don't have any birth certificate but I am aware of the name jones me and Ian at some point had the surname of jones thank you all for you help but does anybody know how I could get in touch with Joanne

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 2 Dec 2016 16:43

Richard if anybody knew we would tell you!

Nobody here has a magic wand.

We just have ways of thinking about problems and going about solving them.

We're just members of this website like you. :-)

One thing we need, to help find someone, is all the information that you have (when it's not too personal that is). Knowing from the start about your other surname is a very important fact.

Since Joanne and Mr Jones were not married, but he was named as father on all the birth certificates, they were a long-standing couple. (An unmarried father couldn't be named unless he consented.)

It is possible, of course, that Joanne pretended to be married when she registered the births, and so Mr Jones did not have to be present ... and might not have been the children's father. I don't know whether at that relatively late date a marriage certificate would have been needed.

Given the registered names, I would think it very possible that she goes, or went, by the name Jones.

Of course, it doesn't help a lot that you might be looking for someone named Jones!

But what could help a lot is for you to get your birth certificate to learn the name of the man who was named as your father. For various reasons (as long as he wasn't John Jones), he could be easier to find than Joanne, you never know, and that could be a way of reaching her.

The other thing is the adoption contact register. If you and the younger siblings were both adopted, you can add yourself to the register, that you are wanting to be in touch with birth family. Have you or the other older children done that?

If you need the information for ordering your birth certificate ('registration details') let us know and we can send you them.

Also Joanne's birth certificate. It won't show a father's name but it will tell you her mother's name, and that's another way of finding someone, too.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Dec 2016 16:58

As you and your brothers were adopted, it would be worth applying to access your adoption file(s). There may be background or additional information to help with the search for your birth mother.

If your Day parents can't, or are unwilling, to help you contact the Social Services which covers Salford. They'd only be accessible to the adoptee in any case, so the application must come from you.

[email protected]

Contact person's name and phone number on
http://tiny.cc/tghfhy

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Dec 2016 20:20

Not that it appears to help, but the younger children were registered as
Matthew John and Heather Louise both under Jones and Maddocks.