Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jennifer A Chandler

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PMG

PMG Report 21 Oct 2016 21:45

I recently learned of the existence of a second cousin of mine who was born in Upney, Barking in Sept 1950. I know her mother was Jean Warwick and her father was Jack Chandler, both of whom died when she was a baby. I believe she was adopted later by her Chandler relatives. I would love to get in touch with her as I lost touch with the Warwick family when my father died and there are very few of us left now! My name is Pat Griffiths nee Warwick and I now live in Leicester. Perhaps she does too?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Oct 2016 21:50

Guessing then her name wasn't changed ,but, there's loads of possible marriages for that name .

Maybe it's better to get one of the death certs to see who the informant was and hope it is family

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Oct 2016 21:53

Wonder whether their marriage cert would help

First name(s) JACK
Last name CHANDLER
Marriage quarter 3
Marriage year 1948
Registration month -
MarriageFinder™ JACK CHANDLER married
JEAN WARWICK
Spouse's last name WARWICK
District ILFORD
District number -
County Essex
Country England
Volume 5A
Page 1255
Record set England & Wales marriages 1837-2008
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Marriages & divorces
Collections from Great Britain

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Oct 2016 21:54

????

First name(s) JEAN
Last name CHANDLER
Gender Unknown
Birth day -
Birth month -
Birth year 1922
Age 29
Death quarter 1
Death year 1951
District ILFORD
County Essex
Volume 5A
Page 496
Country England
Record set England & Wales deaths 1837-2007

Births Jun 1921
Warwick Jean McCorkell W. Ham 4a. 268

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Oct 2016 22:00

Not seeing a death for Jack though that would fit that time frame

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Oct 2016 22:28

Do you know Jack's birth year, or the name of his parents? Sometimes Jack is a diminutive of John.

Just wondering if this is him on the 1939 Register, from a geographical point of view if nothing else

Chandler Household (3 People) 16 Roman Road , East Ham C.B., Essex, England

First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
John Chandler 04 May 1922 Male Time Clerk Single 175 4
John Chandler 02 Apr 1886 Male Process Worker In Heavy Che? Married 175 1
Louisa Chandler 20 Oct 1891 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 175 2

With the correct YOB, there is a better chance of finding his death. As Shirley says, the death of the latter parent may have been registered by a Chandler family member.

malyon

malyon Report 21 Oct 2016 23:33

Deaths Mar 1950   (>99%)

Chandler
 John
 Edmonton
 5e

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Oct 2016 07:51

That death though go would make jack / John some years older than Jean

He married too as Jack

I would be inclined to get the marriage cert for its info

PMG

PMG Report 24 Oct 2016 09:36

Thankyou so much both of you, you were very quick off the mark! The trouble is that I know all Jean's relatives, though they are all dead now, and I have already sent for their marriage certificate which shows a blank where Jack's father's details should be. As for Jack's death, he may well have lived at that address as it is fairly close to Barking.
Jennlfer most likely got married and therefore changed her name but without knowing who she married or where there's little hope of knowing which is the right one.
I know she had an unhappy childhood and I just wanted to let her know that there are relatiives of hers who do care, if that makes sense. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if she reads the community boards on GR! Regards. PMG.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Oct 2016 09:47

What age was jack on the marriage cert please so we can try and identify him

PMG

PMG Report 24 Oct 2016 11:19

I have the certificate here now. He was 24 . and he was living at 29 Littlemore Road, Ilford, Essex. He was a shipping clerk and he was three years younger than Jean, his wife. Hope this helps.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Oct 2016 11:29

Wonder then about this birth

Births Jun 1924 (>99%)
Chandler Jack Hall Romford 4a 846
Chandler Mary Hall Romford 4a 846

Simply because it's Essex.

But wonder why no father's name stated

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 24 Oct 2016 11:54

Death Jack Chandler 1924 2nd qrter Romford Essex age 0
possibly same Jack .

PMG

PMG Report 24 Oct 2016 13:40

I have the certificate here now. He was 24 . and he was living at 29 Littlemore Road, Ilford, Essex. He was a shipping clerk and he was three years younger than Jean, his wife. Hope this helps.

Pam

Pam Report 24 Oct 2016 14:16

A possibility ?

DQ 1919

Chandler Jack Chandler Hackney 1b 1007

PMG

PMG Report 24 Oct 2016 20:03

Goodness me, you have been busy! I'm afraid I'll have to deal with this tomorrow.as I'm very tired now. Thank you all for all your help but goodnight for now. MG

PMG

PMG Report 26 Oct 2016 10:32

Hello everyone! i've discovered that Jack's mother was a Hall so I thought I 'd pursue that. I also think that he mayhav been born out of wedlock and that would explain the blank on his marriage certificate. What do you think?
By the way, I'm sorry I disappeared so abruptly the other day but I'm getting a bit long in the tooth now and I can't always keep up.