Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Susan Ann Smith Born 1953

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 7 Oct 2016 14:50

I am looking for information about my cousin Susan Ann Smith.

She was born 1953 in Blackpool, her parents were Patrick Michael Smith and Mary Smith nee Rigby. Patrick was serving with the RAF in 1953 and their address was 23 Abingdon Road, RAF married quarters, West Kirby.
Any information would be appreciated especially regarding if she married.
As her father was in the RAF she could have moved away from Blackpool as a child.
Her parents were married in Blackpool 19th April 1952, Patrick and Mary later divorced but not sure exactly when, I only know it was before 1974 as Patrick
re-married in that year.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 7 Oct 2016 15:31

Hi Terence.
Just a quick point - you need to remove Susan's exact DOB. It's against Genes rules as the site is not secure.
There are 2 possible marriages for her in Blackpool alone, never mind elsewhere!
Do you know any more about her parents? With this name, you might need to use some lateral thinking.
Who did her father marry?
Jan

Terence

Terence Report 7 Oct 2016 15:53

Thanks brummiejan I was not aware of the birth date rule, I have now amended above.
I have checked on one possible marriage in Blackpool, Susan A Smith and Jefferey Standeven in 1973 but it was not right. The other possible marriage in Blackpool that I have found was Susan A Smith and Leslie Crowther in 1975 but I have not checked on that marriage yet.
I know a lot about her father, Patrick Michael Smith was my uncle. I am waiting for his RAF service records in the hope that they might give me a clue.
He re-married in 1974 to Margaret Elizabeth Raistrick (nee Thompson) in Peterborough. He passed away in 1983

malyon

malyon Report 7 Oct 2016 16:52

did you have a thread on here awhile ago found it

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1359037

malyon

malyon Report 7 Oct 2016 17:01

there are 6 susan a smith marriages in blackpool

Terence

Terence Report 8 Oct 2016 13:49

Hi again Yvonne,
Yes that is my previous thread, this enquiry is following on from that. Can you let me know what the six marriages are that you have found for Susan A Smith in Blackpool please.

Terry

malyon

malyon Report 8 Oct 2016 18:44

could Patrick and mary have had a son in 1960 called Robert in blackpool

Terence

Terence Report 9 Oct 2016 08:43

Thanks for your suggestions Malyon , unfortunately I do not know where they were living in 1960, as I said Patrick was in the RAF and could have served anywhere. I have sent for his RAF service records which should show where he served.
What led you to Robert in 1960 Blackpool?

Terry

malyon

malyon Report 9 Oct 2016 11:57

looking on the births in blackpool for smith and rigby

Terence

Terence Report 23 Oct 2016 16:52

I have checked out the 1975 marriage to Leslie Crowther and it has proved negative, it was not my cousins marriage. I am still waiting for her father Patrick Michael Smith's RAF service records to arrive.