Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my friend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry

Barry Report 25 Sep 2016 16:24

Hi all,
dont know if any of good people can help me or make suggestions on what to do.
This is not really a genealogical problem but someone may be able to give me some pointers on how to proceed .

I am looking for a very good friend of mine David Goss born about 1952 in Bradford lost contact with him about 17years ago used to see him all the time then just disappeared.
There are rummers that he passed away but no one seems to know for sure.

So if anyone can make any suggestions on how to search,please let me know.

Thanks Barry

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 25 Sep 2016 17:13

Hello Barry,

You can search for his birth here (this will determine if he had any middle initials, which can make searching easier):
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

If you're sure he was born in Bradford, there seems to be only one in 1950 with middle initial J.

There was a David J Goss living in Bradford- last listing I see is 2011 (He'd been at that address 16 years)- no other occupants. Some people remove themselves from the public register, so it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't live there anymore. Postcode ends 0BX.

There is also a David J Goss (of about the right age- married) living in Doncaster. He's on Facebook- where he's in touch with his children (who were born in the 80s/ 90s). If you have a facebook account you can see his photo- you may recognise if it's the correct David (a chap with full beard and glasses).

If you're not sure about his birth, but suspect he's passed away you can also google. Simply put his name into google with 'obituary', and several results return eg:

http://www.forevermissed.com/david-john-goss/#about

You can also search electoral registers- often 192.com will give results but not show the address. If you think you have found the right person, others on here with access to electoral registers might help.

If you still have no luck, can you tell us anything about his family- was he married, with a partner, have children the last time you knew him?

Do you know of any siblings he had? Sometimes small bits of info can help locate a person.

Sometimes, you have to go backwards to trace people forwards.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

malyon

malyon Report 25 Sep 2016 22:37

there are a couple of david j goss's on electrol list about the same age

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 26 Sep 2016 21:19

He was born the 4th quarter of l950, there are several people with this name on the ER's. Liz