Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fraser (Frazer) Chapman or Chapman Mace

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ingrid

Ingrid Report 26 Apr 2016 14:26

We are trying to trace the whereabouts of Fraser Chapman who lived in Gillingham Kent and went to Barnsole Primary School. He later joined the Royal Navy and went to the Gulf War. He was friends with Timothy Austin. Tim is trying to contact him as they were friends at school, can anyone help here?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Apr 2016 17:48

Have you any idea when/where he was born? If so, you might be able to locate his birth record, which would show his mother's maiden name, and using this info identify any siblings.
For England and Wales, indexes can be searched fro free here:
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Apr 2016 19:57

when you say Chapman Mace - is that a double barrelled surname?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Apr 2016 08:28

There's no births for a Fraser chapman - Mace

Or for Fraser Mace

A couple for a Fraser Chapman. but not in Kent

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Apr 2016 08:31

When was he at school with Timothy ?

The gulf war was 1990 so if he joined up at c18 years old that would make his birth about 1972 Would this fit ??

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 28 Apr 2016 00:20

I so wish that people would read their posts as if they didn't know already what they were talking about, just as none of us knows.

How easy would it be to say *when* they were at school and how old they were then, or are now?

And to make it very plain what "Chapman Mace" means, for instance. Is it an alternate surname as it seems to be?

You pay your money and you can use all the words you need! :-D

Military records that recent are not accessible to anyone, so unless someone who reads this actually knows the person (and the chance of that is close to nil), that info likely doesn't help find the person.

But with some dates for starters, often a lot of information can be found. For starters, if his birth is identified, it will show his middle name if he had one and that can be crucial for finding further records ...

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 29 Apr 2016 17:41

Have sent a message informing Ingrid she has replies.

Ingrid

Ingrid Report 29 Apr 2016 19:40

Thank you everyone for your input much appreciated. Thank you Janet for notifying me of replies. I am new to this message board and wasn't sure how it worked.
I'm not sure of the exact spelling of Fraser Chapman whether or not it is spelt with a z.
He added the name Mace at one point which I believe was his stepfathers name but may not be using it now.
He was born in 1977 and was at Barnsole Road Primary School in Gillingham. He put a comment on Friends Reunited once that he was off to the Gulf War and was in the Royal Navy. As far as I know he was born in Gillingham. I have researched with all the different names and spellings and come up with a blank.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Apr 2016 21:07

There doesn't seem to be a Mr Mace + Ms Chapman marriage to account for the stepfather

his mother may have married under her birth surname, but since we can't identify Fras/zer's birth, we don't know what that was ...

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 29 Apr 2016 21:51

Ingrid, do you know if Fraser had any siblings?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 May 2016 09:45

There are two Fraser /Frazer Chapman's born 1976 and 1978 but neither are in the Kent area .

Would seem then that his family may have moved into Kent

For instance we did in the 1960 ,s from London in order to buy a house that wasn't London prices

Our daughter went to the local and secondary schools