Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for JOHN KENNEDY of Burnley, UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 5 Jun 2013 06:44

John Kennedy born 1952 to Joan (Shackleton) Kennedy and Terry Kennedy in Whittam St, Burnley. Lancs. UK
Your father, Terry, had brothers John, Tom, Bobbie and sister Mary (now all deceased)
Terrys mother was Ethel Kennedy of Hammerton St Burnley
I am your first cousin Jean daughter of your uncle JOHN KENNEDY.
The family would love to make contact :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jun 2013 07:13

Unless John is a member he won't see your enquiry.

Try search trees to see if anyone has him listed you can then message them to see if they know his whereabouts

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jun 2013 07:18

Had a quick look at his birth and he has no second initial which may help identify a possible marriage.

Unfortunately there are many with the same name so it will be difficult to pinpoint him .

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jun 2013 07:25

Wonder if this is his dad. If so he may be the informant

Name: Terence Kennedy
Birth Date: 18 Feb 1925
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1972
Age at Death: 47
Registration District: Burnley
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10b
Page: 1988

Jean

Jean Report 6 Jun 2013 05:54

Thank you Shirley for your info. No he wasn't the informant unfortunately for his fathers death I believe. Doing the kennedy family tree is like a needle in a haystack. I have been doing it since 1990 ! What a pity our name want more unusual....I am hoping that if John is not a member someone may read this and know of him through the family details I have provided
Many thanks anyway
Jean
:-D

patchem

patchem Report 6 Jun 2013 06:52

Jean,
You need to un-tick the Mark as Answered, as people will think you have found him, and no longer need further assistance.
As you are his first cousin, when were you last in contact with him, and where?
Thanks

Pam

Pam Report 6 Jun 2013 09:06

Have sent pm with an address in Burnley. It is a long shot but worth a letter.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 6 Jun 2013 23:45

Sent a pm about a chat site on f.b. for Burnley. Maybe someone knows this family. Just a thought.

Wheaton

Wheaton Report 28 Nov 2016 04:20

Hi jean
Hope you get this message. I am John whose
Mother was Joan nee Shackleton I know I was a Kennedy
By my birth certificate which I have just got
Given to me. Please if you can e-mail at
[email protected]. Please respond.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Nov 2016 13:04

John,
As Jean posted a couple of years ago, you may still be able to make contact if her registered email address hasnt changed,

Click on her name and it will allow you to send a private message.,,,,,,Inform her she can reply even if she has not renewed paid membership as you as a paid member made the contact.