Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Board Family emmigrated to Australia 1856

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 16 Mar 2013 17:54

Isaac Board, his Wife Anne and child Ellen aged 1, are on the Assisted Immigration Passenger List for New South Wales, Australia 1 Nov 1856.

Isaac Board is my Gt Grandmother's half brother.

Any surviving relatives still living in Australia?

Valerie

Valerie Report 17 Mar 2013 02:23

Hi Teresa

The NSW/BMD (on-line) shows Isaac & Ann/e had 2 more chn:
Frederick Johnson K McK Board 1858 and Victoria A Board 1865.

Frederick J & K(C)atherine May Board had a son Douglas Graham Board 1907 and Nancy E Board in 1911 both born Lismore NSW.

Katherine May Board died in 1968 age 88yrs at Murwillumbah
Son ...Douglas Graham Board died 1969

Nancy Elizabeth Alecia Board married Paul William Barnett 1937

The 'NSW State Library' has an 'Ask a Librarian' service ...they could check newspaper death notices i.e.Katherine 1968 and Douglas Graham Board 1969... and they also check electoral rolls.

Valerie (WAus)

Valerie

Valerie Report 17 Mar 2013 07:12

Cont:

'Ryerson's Index' shows:
Frederick Johns(t)on Board d 22/11/1942 'late of Lismore' ...notices in 'Northern Star' (Lismore)

Daughter:
Nancy Barnett (nee Board) d 12/7/2001 age 90 'late of Kingscliff'
notice/s in 'Northern Star' (Lismore) 25/7/2001
(her husband)
Paul William Barnett d 16/3/2008 age 96yrs 'late of Nerang formerly of Kingscliff' ....notice in 'Northern Star' (Lismore).
Probate Notice shows him 'late of Melody Park Retirement Village' Nerang QLD. Notice in 'Gold Coast Bulletin' 19/5/2008

'Ryerson's do 'look-ups' of these newspaper notices ....hopefully you will learn of more family descendants.

Valerie (WAus)

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 17 Mar 2013 12:54

Thanks for the information Valerie. Much appreciated.

Regards...Teresa

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 5 Aug 2013 07:17

FYI

The Frederick Johnston BOARD who died in 1942 had different parents (Wm & Elizabeth).

I think Frederick son of Isaac died in 1900. Possible death for mother Anne in 1891. No sign of Isaac.

Christine

Christine Report 19 Apr 2017 23:48

Hi Cherilyn - Frederick son of Isaac (my g-grandfather) emigrated to New Zealand and died in 1941.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Apr 2017 21:44

Hi and welcome, Christine.

Cherilyn and Valerie are unrelated members of this site who help out with searches. (I think they're both in Australia so they know their Aus records.)

The person you want to talk to is Teresa who started this thread four years ago -- whose great-grandmother was Isaac's half-sister.

I have a feeling she is still around and would check her 'my threads' (link on the left) for new messages and see this thread, but to be sure, it is better to send her a private message. She will get an email notification of that. (Hopefully she has kept a current email address in her account - make sure you do too!)

Just click on her name and you will get the form for sending a message.

... I'll PM Christine too.