General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well, I was going to bed.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 May 2016 00:53

...then it all 'kicked off' across the road....
What's really annoying is the poor yapping dog in the middle of it.
I have to admit to doing a bit of 'blind peeking', and realised the police were involved, so it wasn't 'just a domestic' - which I would have reported.
From what I've heard, it sounds like the son (who doesn't normally live there) is being arrested.
.....and this estate was so quiet......

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 May 2016 00:54

...now it's turning into a 'domestic'.... :-(
No - he's shot off in his car.....

Allan

Allan Report 28 May 2016 01:00

Not good, Maggie.

A number of Units were built opposite our house in the last couple of years. The Police have visited several of them since occupation, and one 'raid' even made it on to the Local TV News :-(

Huia

Huia Report 28 May 2016 05:14

Oooh, get out to your gate in your dressing gown and fluffy slippers and hair curlers. You might get yourself on TV, Maggie. Dont forget to have a fag hanging from your mouth.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 May 2016 08:01

These aren't 'unit's. Bob, it's an end of terrace house :-0

I have reported them to the Council before, who asked me to report them to the police, as the woman attacked a mother (with child) who parked outside their house :-| The woman she attacked was also desperately trying to contact the police at the time.
She also tried to 'have a word' with my daughter (for yet again parking on the bit of road that happened to be outside her house).
Apparently she suffers anxiety if she can't see the car - goodness knows how she copes when her other half goes out!
Daughter felt a bit sorry for her - she had old laceration scars up her arms - signs of self-harm.

Naa, Huia, I'd much prefer to peek through the blinds :-D

All silent this morning - so far :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 28 May 2016 10:34

Bob?! :-D

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 28 May 2016 11:50

Hello Bob :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 May 2016 14:14

got a story, send it here

https://muckrack.com/contact

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 May 2016 14:22

Rollo :-0 Tut tut :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 May 2016 14:32

Sorry Allan. :-(
Bit of a disrupted night :-(

Rollo, I didn't see your reported post - too much on.
Why would anyone want to send a story to the USA?

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 28 May 2016 22:28

I just posted a web site which is mainly used by ( UK ) journalists. They take stories, check them out then feed them up the line wich saves journos a lot of footwork. Obviously somebody jumped to conclusions.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 May 2016 23:12

I have never been a curtain twitched
When there was a massive kick off
with my next door but two neighbour
Samari swords and golf clubs where flying
I was sat on the front getting a good view
I've paid my council tax
So I can stand on my front if I wish too

I seen the lad the next day and he smiled and said
Your the only honest Nosey T*** round here Joy

And he was right lol :-D :-D

Theres nothing wrong will taking an interest in your community ;-) ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 29 May 2016 00:24

I don't know what you said that got your post reported, Rollo, but I rather liked your post pointing us to what I would call the muck raking (the MR) site.

It could also indicate that I am a sticky beak. :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 May 2016 00:32

I have stood on the doorstep before - I've even gone out and intervened when a group of young thugs were attacking a muslim boy - and the next day was stopped in the street by the aunt of one of the thugs, and threatened - apparently I 'had no right' to do what I did.
I 'retaliated' by asking her to write down exactly what our different 'rights' were, and submitting them to the Council, where we could have discussions with the authorities about the 'rights' her family had, compared to any other resident.

Strangely, she's become a strong ally. Many years later, we were stood at the bus stop. I started talking to her. She'd applied or a job, but had lost her birth certificate. I offered to get her a copy. It transpired (as I thought at the time of her threatening me) that this poor woman (a couple of years younger than me) could neither read nor write. She was amazed that I would do something like this to help her. Just goes to show, a book should never be judged by the cover.

I would have gone out to see the woman who was attacked by the woman across the road - but by the time I realised what was going on, she'd been 'taken in' by my other (lovely) neighbour.

Last night - it was too late, and I was more concerned about getting up and phoning the vet.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 May 2016 00:42

Been a smoker I could claim I was just having a ciggie but no I just didnt wanna miss the action :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 May 2016 11:32

:-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 May 2016 22:13

we used to watch goings-on across the street from our front room window ............. no twitching of curtains, we only have heavy curtains at that window, and they are open during the day time.

One of them across there rowed with the neighbours on both sides ...... and it could be quite entertaining watching "Stella" and her husband throwing branches into next door's garden, and someone there throwing them back.

These were not young people either ........ they were all in their late 60s and 70s!

Daughter did ask me after one of their "episodes" if all old people behaved like kindergarten kids %3A-D %3A-D %3A-D

They've all gone now ............ Stella and husband died years ago, and the neighbours to her right sold up and moved last year. They decided it was time to downsize and move closer to their daughters at the age of 85 %3A-%29

lollybasher

lollybasher Report 30 May 2016 11:20

Yeah, that's our Joy. Good on you girl..
We live in a bungalow surrounded by bungalows hence you never see your neighbours. One weekend my daughter and husband came to stay, ,we were all sitting on the patio having a glass or two of vino tinto in the late afternoon when all hell broke loose at the bungalow directly behind us. The people were having a barbecue which had started mid morning, suddenly all hell broke loose, the women and men were shouting and
and the kids screaming, there were sounds of a punch up going on. My daughter and I decided to go and have a peep round the corner, we were discreet and stayed at a distance. The police TPG group had arrived in force, kids were running round the street spattered with blood. It appeared from gossip that the husband was having an affair with the wife of a guest. The husband left home that day. Now the cringe making bit!

I was at the hospital with my OH a couple of years later where he was having treatment for his cancer (he recovered) a nurse gave him a card with her name and phone no. on it so he could ring her anytime he was worried about anything . The no. had the same code as our village, we said we lived there, on further discussion we learned that she lived directly behind us at which my husband said jokingly, "are you the lot who make all the noise?" my heart sank. The nurse looked shocked so I said that he was joking because it was us who made all the noise playing the organ. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 30 May 2016 14:40

:-D :-D :-D