General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Updating of electoral rolls?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leo76899

Leo76899 Report 27 May 2016 21:26

Please does anyone know when this site will update the electoral roll. It is still only going up to 2014. I can't see any 2015 results? I really need to find a relative who moved in 2014. I live several hundred miles from the area he lived in so going to a local library is not an easy option.
Thank you

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 May 2016 21:56

No idea when GR will have the 2015, but depending how urgent it is you could buy credits for £9.95 ( plus VAT) on 192.com assuming the person you're looking for has registered in their new home and also not opted out of it being public.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 May 2016 23:24

See if you can identify him on http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/
You do have to have a general idea of where he moved to and hope that his name and initials aren't common ones!

If its just out of general interest rather than urgent, you could write to the current occupiers and ask if they have a forwarding address. If they bought the property from him, they could give you the address of their solicitors who should have a record of his solicitors. In turn, his solicitors might be willing to forward a message or letter to his new address.

Leo76899

Leo76899 Report 28 May 2016 03:14

Thank you very much. X