General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Renewal after 5 yeas absence

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ted

Ted Report 2 May 2016 00:33

I've just rejoined after a long absence. During that time I've changed my email address and computer. I would like to access the tree I left behind. I've put up a new one which is pretty similar but I would still like to compare it with the old one. Any ideas ideas on how I can get it. I can't just ask for it to be opened because the email address attached no longer exists.

Ted

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 May 2016 06:40

Think you would to contact genes support for help

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 May 2016 06:45

email

[email protected]

Expect a reply in 1-3 days

It would probably help if you can tell them your old password and email address

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 2 May 2016 14:44

Have you actually tried to access it using your old email and password?

As genes never remove anyone unless asked to do so, it is quite likely that your old tree is still here.

You can have as many trees as you like, so long as they are under different email addresses. Quite a lot of members have one tree under a subscription and several others as free entries.

Ted

Ted Report 2 May 2016 16:16

Thanks Andysmum, its been recovered and I'm sorting it now.

ted :-)