General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry free weekend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 3 Jun 2015 21:20

Ancestry.co.uk have a free 3 days this weekend 5th - 7th

edited to say UK records only

MBSG

MBSG Report 4 Jun 2015 11:00

Thank you for that.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 4 Jun 2015 12:52

I have tried to access the records, but it says I have to sign up for a free 14 days and give them my visa card details :-S :-S

This is the link to the webpage I used
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/free-access

Fly

Fly Report 4 Jun 2015 13:02

Jem wait until tomorrow :-D and just sign in ;-)

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 4 Jun 2015 13:06

I'll try again tomorrow but it does say 3rd- 6th April which I thought was strange as the weekend would be 5th - 7th April!!

Oh!
I wonder if that's an old webpage from last year? :-S :-S :-S

EDITED
Of course we are not in April! It's June already! :-D

MBSG

MBSG Report 4 Jun 2015 13:34

This site also mentions that it starts tomorrow.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/ancestry-co-uk-three-days-free-access-5-6-7-june-2015-2219935

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 4 Jun 2015 14:12

Jemima it starts tomorrow I got it from an e-mail they sent me.

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 5 Jun 2015 21:19

I donĀ“t know about a link as I just had the email which I have deleted sorry :-(

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 5 Jun 2015 21:52

Joan,
I tried to copy and paste the link here, but when I posted it, it was bringing my open account up! :-0 :-0 :-0

So I deleted!

I typed Ancestry.co.uk into google search and then clicked on the link.
Don't click on the one with "ad" by it, go to the link that says.....

Ancestry.co.uk
www.ancestry.co.uk/
Discover your family history and build a family tree with the world's largest genealogy website. Search birth records, census data, obituaries and more!

You should have a webpage with a green box "search free" on the bottom right hand side of the page.

Clicking on this should lead you to a register or log in page. You will need to register first if you are not already a member, but that's free.

MBSG

MBSG Report 5 Jun 2015 22:04

I've just put a post on the Genealogy Chat about this as there's another thread about the same thing. Hope it helps.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 6 Jun 2015 00:51

I have just seen this on Ancestry which I have copied and pasted

Note: The Ancestry.com website will undergo scheduled maintenance on Saturday, 6 June 2015, from approximately 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. During that time, some portions of the site may be unavailable. Thank you for your patience. :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Jun 2015 08:24

They offer free access, then remove some of the data? Unbelievable!

Mind you, as Jem has copied off the .comsite, may be its only US records which will be unavailable.