General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This Is Scary

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 3 Jun 2015 10:38

This girl is less than 10 years old; yet she is a model with over 2 million followers on Facebook. :-0

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/cute-or-creepy-kristina-pimenova-may-be-eight-but-shes-already-a-supermodel/story-fnixwvgh-1227135126748

She has been called “The most beautiful girl in the world"! She's just a bl**dy kid!

What's the world coming to? :-0 :-| :-(

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 3 Jun 2015 11:03

Oh I wonder why kids need to have to "please a boy friend" and look sexy or feel they are on the shelf in their early teens! Nothing to do with the media I suppose.

Oh and don't get me started on Beauty Pageants! :-P :-P :-P

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 3 Jun 2015 11:20

disturbing.

:-(

Sue

Sue Report 3 Jun 2015 11:52

Alot of little girls today from 1 - 2 years old, wear make up, jewellery, heeled shoes, nail varnish, and who is responsible for that but the parents.

My four year old grand daughter has had nail varnish, and those tattoos that stick on.I dont agree with it, but wouldnt say anything to my Dau., Apparently her little friends do the same.

They dont seem to be allowed a 'child hood', No wonder by age 10, they are grown up.

Barbra

Barbra Report 3 Jun 2015 12:01

Why cant the parents just let them be children .. they grow up fast enough these days .let them have their" chid hood " :-|

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 3 Jun 2015 12:14

Has anyone seen the programme "Blinging up Baby"? Poor little baby screamed when her ears were pierced. I thought children went with getting dirty?????

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Jun 2015 13:56

it's nothing more than child cruelty - the parents should be prosecuted

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 3 Jun 2015 14:33

I agree with all I have just read in previous posts, it certainly is disturbing, in fact rather sick.
I think the parents should be prosecuted, not least for simply denying the girl a right to childhood.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 3 Jun 2015 14:58

The children did not look happy - I think they would have preferred some jeans and wellies and mud !

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Jun 2015 15:29

To me it's very sad that some parents don't let their children be children . Maybe they are living out their fantasies through the child.
They will wonder why they turn out precocious in lots of cases and get too big for their boots cos they think they are the bees knees

I much prefer the childhood we had ,bread and jam picnics in the park . Going swimming in the local lido .playing hopscotch and knock down ginger in the road outside the house. And building camps on local green areas with cardboard boxes corrugated iron sheets.

At least we could get our knees dirty !!

Dermot

Dermot Report 3 Jun 2015 16:22

The situation is a lot 'worse' in America - if my relations over there are to be believed.

And they seem to engage Psychologists at the drop of a hat.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 3 Jun 2015 16:40

Not only scary but worrying.

Sue

Sue Report 4 Jun 2015 12:39

I think the need for psychologists is probably due to the fact that children are being denied a vital stage in their development. Childhood. I feel there will be a huge 'knock on effect' for the lack of this in the future.

very worrying.

Sue

Dermot

Dermot Report 4 Jun 2015 20:16

On reflection, 'scary' to me means the feeling of incredulity that hit me as I watched a rescue helicopter the other day winch two parents plus their toddler offspring who was negligently allowed too much childish freedom to roam close to a known & well sign-posted 'liable to subsidence' cliff edge.

eRRolSheep

eRRolSheep Report 4 Jun 2015 20:37

"I feel there will be a huge 'knock on effect' for the lack of this in the future"

um - I think there already is - ask any teacher.

We are on the second generation of numbskulls already!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Jun 2015 22:20

Soo glad my beautiful, tall (5'4) slim 13 year old grand daughter, with amazingly thick long hair ........

..............Plays Rugby!!!! :-D :-D :-D

.............. - and wouldn't care if she lost a tooth :-S