General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A very sad day

Page 0 + 1 of 20

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 10 Aug 2014 12:27

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 10 Aug 2014 12:30

Our lovely dear member BC has passed away. She was a friend of many and GR will be a sad place without her.

Free of pain now my friend. May you rest in peace.

Mau XX

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 10 Aug 2014 12:34

The lovely, funny BC will be missed by many, especially her closest friends.

A truly funny lady who I had the privilege to meet and be entertained by.

Sue xx

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 10 Aug 2014 12:36

From Muffy:

Sue could you add this on GR for me please....heartbroken to hear of the passing of our lovely BC...her light and laughter will stay with me forever....I will so miss that lovely lady...Muffy x

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 10 Aug 2014 12:36

A very lovely lady...........had the privilege to meet her.

Will be missed by all.

Condolences to her family.

Mr & Mrs M.

X <3 X

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Aug 2014 12:37

Such a sad, sad day. I will miss her so much, witty and funny and so kind and never a nasty word to say about anyone on here. Rest in peace my lovely friend, no more pain now. <3 <3 <3 <3

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 10 Aug 2014 12:39

This news has come as a massive shock to me and I anm in tears now(can't hardly see the keyboard)

I didn't know she was that ill but I haven't seen her on the boards for a while.

My dear friend Maureen may you Rest in Eternal Peace/

Another Angel for Heaven..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 10 Aug 2014 12:41

Yes Sue she certainly was a one-off.

We all have our memories of her funny ways and of her kindness too. Mine are of travelling with her and her pals to Ireland,I was thrilled to be at her Son's wedding.
My thoughts are with them all today.

Mau xx

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 10 Aug 2014 12:43

And Sue in Yorkshire (XX)

Rambling

Rambling Report 10 Aug 2014 12:44

I am so sad to hear this. The board and the world will be a poorer place without her. I had only met BC once and she was exactly as I expected her to be, a lovely warm, funny, lady.

As part of the writers group I was privileged to read her writing, she had a rare talent for bringing her memories to life, and painting a glorious picture, I said to her once that her stories were like having watched a tv that had suddenly turned from black and white to colour. A little colour is missing from the world today.

This poem, in particular the last lines,always reminded me of BC

"Most near, most dear, most loved and most far,
Under the window where I often found her
Sitting as huge as Asia, seismic with laughter,
Gin and chicken helpless in her Irish hand,
Irresistible as Rabelais, but most tender for
The lame dogs and hurt birds that surround her -
She is a procession no one can follow after
But be like a little dog following a brass band."

God bless xx

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 10 Aug 2014 12:45

No....I didn't know dear BC was ill :-(. She will be missed by so many....her humour and her kindness <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 10 Aug 2014 12:45

Enjoyed many of her postings.

Condolences to all her family and friends. <3

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 10 Aug 2014 12:50

Truely heartbroken, <3

an amazing lady, who will be missed so so much, for her humour, and her warmth, not to mention her lamb dinners ;-)

sleep tight with the angels BC <3

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 10 Aug 2014 12:50

OMG thats unreal ..........

R.I.P BC

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Aug 2014 12:55

Rose that is lovely. Can I say she was ill for quite a long time but was determined not to bring her problems to the board so didn't refer to it, that was the sort of person she was wanting to keep the boards a happy place and not burden others with her troubles. Mau, I envy you your memories of her, sadly I never got to meet her although she was a dear cyber friend. I think many of us will shed tears today. <3

*** Mummo ***

*** Mummo *** Report 10 Aug 2014 12:57

So sorry to hear of Mo's (BC) passing,
A lovely kind hearted person who l will remember for her kindness to me and my family
My sincere condolences to her family.
Rest in peace lovely beautiful lady, <3 <3 <3 :-(

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 10 Aug 2014 13:02

Lovely poem Rose and I love her writing too. BC always had the gift of bringing a smile, and I think Ann she also had a gift for making friends, yes heartbroken members today. <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 10 Aug 2014 13:08

I am shocked and saddened to hear this news.

A lovely, funny lady who will be truly missed.

God Bless and rest in peace dear BC. <3

Emma

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 10 Aug 2014 13:08

I am so sad to hear of BC's passing. I knew she was ill but it is still a huge shock.

RIP lovely lady xx

Wend

Wend Report 10 Aug 2014 13:13

I'm so sad to read this. I knew she was very ill, but it has still come as such a shock.

I so wish I had had the pleasure of meeting such a lovely lady. Her wisdom, wit and good humour will be much missed by many GR members, including me. <3