General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hammer Hammer, Drill Drill, Gerrout dog...Hammer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Apr 2014 08:48

:-(

Himself went off early this morning to play golf.

I'm a bit sore & sorry for myself, so thought I'd have a nice quiet day of rest.

Yeah right.

Neighbours on each side were busy.......

one is building a studio for his "arty" wife....... BANG BANG, HAMMER HAMMER, DRILL DRILL, BANG BANG.

the other is replacing all the decking around his house, pulling up the old deck and putting down new....... SCREEEEECHING of nails being removed, BANGING of new deck bring brought in, then BANG BANG Gerrout Dog (several times, as he has three "helpful" dogs) HAMMER HAMMER, BANG BANG.

THEN........ construction began on a new place down the hill......... first the putting up of scaffolding...... BANG BANG...... and I dunno what they did after that, but it was a lot of BANG BANG HAMMER HAMMER DRILL DRILL........... BANG BANG.

Himself isn't home yet........ his life may be in danger if he asks "did you have a nice restful day?" ;-)

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Apr 2014 11:06

...always the same isn't it :-(
I've been off sick once or twice since Christmas. Well 3 times actually :-\
The first time, new neighbours on the 'attached' side. Drilling and hammering as I lay in my sick bed. Then the delivery of vast amounts of sand, cement & gravel.
Second time same neighbours, doing the same thing, with neighbours across the road tinkering with a car, with loud voices.
This time, other neighbour, (not attached), having scaffolding put up, then roof stripped, new batons hammered in, now, cement mixer going :-| :-|

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 23 Apr 2014 11:23

No helpful dogs?

:-D

I'll be having a "restful" weekend...... Himself is playing golf on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday!

I'm sure the neighbours (and dogs) will be hammering again. :-|

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Apr 2014 11:33

Yes, the immediate neighbours have a dog (GSD) and 2 cats.
The dog would occasionally bark, but the cats were a problem. They'd evacuate their own house and sit on my window sill. My cats (well one in particular) would scrabble at the window blinds, knocking everything flying. I'd have to bang on the window to 'remove' neighbour's cat.

My 3 cats are VERY reluctant to go out and 'do their business' while the workmen on the non-attached house are around. They'd sit at the cat flap and howl at me - like I could get the 'nasty' men to go away!!
As the scaffolding has been up a couple of weeks now, they have learnt to go out before 8am, at lunchtime and after 5pm
:-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Apr 2014 11:38

The hilarious thing is, I've been off sick with work related stress.
If work found out about the various workmen, they'd immediately blame that - studiously avoiding the fact that I pointed out, in 2012, that our teams workload was getting ridiculous (and has continued to do so).
Managers and HR are sooo confused, as mentally, I'm fine, (most work related stress causes depression) but being an awkward b*gger, it affects me physically and, physically, it's getting a little bit on the serious side.

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 24 Apr 2014 00:13

LOL thought for a minnet you was my neighbor having a whinge
iv had the sander and jigsaw out in the garden today 9.am this morning
was ready to go at 8.30 but did what till 9

you should of took your self off shopping spent loads of money
that would of cheered you up :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Apr 2014 00:22

I'm off to Ikea tomorrow for a little gentle exercise :-D