General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Right or wrong

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 18 Apr 2014 19:50

near me is a house who has a young dog, during the cold he was out side in a crate., he is still there so I have taken to giving him treats Today I gave him a bone and he took it and ran to his bed /crate then came back to me with such a waggy tail I cried. The dog is less than a year old and I doubt he has ever been indoors. Should I walk away and leave him or continue to give fuss and treats

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 18 Apr 2014 19:55

if it is as you say......phone the RSPCA.....oh whoops....forgot, you aren't in the UK.....what is the equivalent where you are?

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 18 Apr 2014 20:18

Poor soul
he should be in the house been loved and pampered :-( :-(

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 18 Apr 2014 20:20

Susan I don´t know the equivalent and I am not sure that they are the same, Doorstep is so lovely and his owners have bricked the gateway up so he doesn´t escape they just seem to forget that he needs people. If I was in the UK I would report, if I didin´t have the dogs I do I would have another. He´s a dog I can´t walk away from

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 18 Apr 2014 21:10

Awwww! Poor little dumpling......go and ask them if they want to sell him.....you know you want to.

KittytheLearnerCook

KittytheLearnerCook Report 18 Apr 2014 21:17

Why bother having a dog if you don't allow it to be part of the family??

I couldn't walk away either Uzzi :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Apr 2014 23:52

As long as he looks fed and otherwise well cared for, I wouldn't interfere. Talk to him, but certainly don't go giving 'treats'!

For all you known, they may be spending a lot of time with him when you're not around, or are training him up as a 'working dog'.