Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census check please for Bridport 1881 pretty pleas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 16 Feb 2005 21:15

I am hoping to find the family of Charles George Barrett. Born about 1873 Bridport. Would be grateful for any help please.

Nana Anna

Nana Anna Report 16 Feb 2005 21:26

Hi What about this one from familysearch.org? Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability David BARRETT Head W Male 44 Bradpole, Dorset, England Ag Lab Jane PATTEN Daur M Female 21 Bradpole, Dorset, England John BARRETT Son U Male 17 Bradpole, Dorset, England Ag Lab Hester BARRETT Daur Female 13 Bradpole, Dorset, England Scholar Charles BARRETT Son Male 7 Bradpole, Dorset, England Scholar Sarah BARRETT Daur Female 1 Bradpole, Dorset, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling Village Census Place Bradpole, Dorset, England Family History Library Film 1341513 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 2123 / 52 Page Number 21 OR MAYBE? Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability James BARRETT Head M Male 45 Whitchurch, Dorset, England Ag Labour Sarah BARRETT Wife M Female 47 Netherbury, Dorset, England Jem BARRETT Son Male 16 Chidock, Dorset, England Ag Labour Thomas BARRETT Son Male 14 Catherston, Dorset, England Charles BARRETT Son Male 9 Catherston, Dorset, England Arthur BARRETT Son Male 6 Catherston, Dorset, England Earnest BARRETT Son Male 4 Catherston, Dorset, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Dwelling Catherston Cottage Census Place Catherston Leweston, Dorset, England Family History Library Film 1341513 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 2125 / 97 Page Number 1 Cheers Anna

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 16 Feb 2005 21:34

Do you think this Bradpole is meant to say Bridport, as i dont know of anywhere called Bradpole? Thank you for your help.

Nana Anna

Nana Anna Report 16 Feb 2005 21:48

Hi Donna On my map I have Bradpole not very far from Bridport (due North about 2 miles away). They may have just lumped themselves into that area! Anna

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 16 Feb 2005 21:50

Sounds like you could be right then. That is great. Learn something new every day lol. I have lived here in Dorset all my life and not heard of it haha. Daft cow. Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated. With kind regards Donna

Katherine

Katherine Report 24 Nov 2016 01:25

Hi Donna,

I believe he was my Great-grandfather (my Grandmother Kathkeen Barrett's Father) although I have a different year of birth.

Best regards,

Katherine

Katherine

Katherine Report 24 Nov 2016 01:26

Hi Donna,

I believe he was my Great-grandfather (my Grandmother Kathkeen Barrett's Father) although I have a different year of birth.

Best regards,

Katherine

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Nov 2016 12:59

Katherine

This thread is 11 years old so it's highly unlikely the poster is still looking for replies

if you click on donnas name you can send a message which they will receive if their email address is still the same and can then reply