Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burial Look-Up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colette

Colette Report 26 Jan 2016 17:41

Hi wanting a look-up for two burials in Liverpool Ann Platt born c 1811 died 1840s Thomas Platt born c 1805 died 1845..

Thank you ColetteB

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 26 Jan 2016 18:19

Collette.. Liverpool's a Big City do you know what area...?

Colette

Colette Report 26 Jan 2016 19:07

Hi he lived in the St Martins district problem is we cannot make out his address,the lady who owns the cert said it was Garry St tillI said lets look to me it looks like Stone St or Gore St but Gore St was in Toxteth.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 26 Jan 2016 19:19

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/ENG-LIVERPOOL/2008-04/1208418811

(not Thomas on above was it?, 1845. Asthma)

20 March 1845 - Gore's Liverpool General Advertiser - Liverpool, Merseyside

Death
On Tuesday, the 11th instant, aged 40, Mr. Thomas Platt, boot and shoemaker, this town.

Chris :)

(also another from google search)

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/ENG-LIVERPOOL/2009-06/1246052482

(in 1845 at the time of death the address listed is 15 Garry Street, North Liverpool.)

Colette

Colette Report 26 Jan 2016 19:28

We have worked it out now it was 15 Gore Street North which was in the St Martins District there was a Gore St in Toxteth too but the North makes it right..still don't know where this guy is buried St Martin in the fields could be the place..

Colette

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 26 Jan 2016 23:13

I would not have thought St Martin in the Field was right. Their burials for that period appear to be on line and there is no Platt. Also it is Cof E and you said in your other post that the family were RC.

As the children appear to have been baptised at St Anthony's or St Peters Priory one of those could be possible but I can't find any records online.

Colette

Colette Report 29 Jan 2016 14:57

Hi Ann we found Thomas Platt's burial it was in St Mary's Kirkdale we are stuck on his wife's now..their two youngest sons ended up in the West Derby Workhouse Everton by 1851 so Ann must have also died..we were so lucky on Thomas's burial it named his folks,there was another man named Hugh Platt living in the same street as Thomas so I followed him and found he was born in Denbighshire Wales..found his baptism then found Thomas's, the lady I was helping had a brickwall for 16 years..she found more of his siblings and has a brood now haha..the wife Ann Barrett is another problem born c1811 where we don't know not in Lancashire looks like it is an S on the 1841 only clue we have is on her daughter Elizabeth's baptism 1830 godparents are Joseph & Elizabeth Barrett.

Looked at Lancashire Burials on Ancestry as they have some for Liverpool and my sub lets me see those there are a couple on Ann Barretts burials but neither were her I don't have access to the Liverpool records if you do would you mind looking...

Thank you Colette

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 29 Jan 2016 15:36

I only have access to what is online. If the 2 sons were in the workhouse then it is possible that Ann was buried in a paupers grave.

Please can you post the 1841 census as I can't seem to find it on ancestry.

Should we not be looking for Ann Platt not Ann Barrett?

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 29 Jan 2016 15:38

found it?

Thos Platt 35 - shoemaker
Ann Platt 30
John Platt 13
Thos Platt 3
Joseph Platt 7 Mo

If this is right I think it say both thomas & Ann were born in Ireland

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 29 Jan 2016 15:54

Were they the people you were helping on rootsweb links I posted above, they seem to have a lot of info?...

(By 1851 census she has disappeared, and strangely enough so has John
(who is my 3rd great grandfather)

Chris :)

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 29 Jan 2016 16:18

Collette...The Death Cert you PMd to me states the informant was from Ireland and St Martins from what I can make out...and I would have to say I read the address as Garry St.

EDIT...No Platt/Platts buried either Regular or Paupers grave in St Anthony's..a few children and couple of Adults but none that matches yours.

Colette

Colette Report 29 Jan 2016 19:21

Yes it was Platt not Barrett sorry and yes its the same person I have been helping 3 children survived the eldest John went to Australia and he brought his two younger brother over there..John was the informant on his dad Thomas Platt's death 15 Gore St North which became Stanley Rd from Kirkdale to Bootle..

Thanks for all your imput Colette

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 30 Jan 2016 13:18

The rootsweb link eliminates the Ann Platt who died in 1845 & the one in 1851 which leaves as another possible, the one in West Derby reg district in 1846

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Jan 2016 23:23

don't forget that parts of the 1851 census were water damaged during storage

The Manchester and Lancashire Family History Society recovered tens of thousands of names working on a small scale to prove the technology. Ancestry.com used forensic and photographic techniques on a large scale to take names from records, which are unreadable by the naked eye because of mold and water damage. The process yielded abt 165,000 names that weren’t previously available.

Piece 2332: Yorkshire County
Broadroyd Head
Carlton
Carr Green
Cudworth with High & Low Cudworth
Darton
Darton Lane Head
Darton with Blacker
Mapplewell
Notton
Roystone
Staincross & Swallow Hill
Woolley

Piece 2219: Lancashire County
Manchester
Ardwick
Birth in Rusholme
Burnage
Chorlton-dum-Hardy
Didsbury
Gorton
Levenshulme
Openshaw
Rusholme
Withington

Piece 2220: Lancashire County
Manchester
Ardwick
Chorlton-upon-Medlock

Piece 2221: Lancashire County
Manchester
Moss-side
Hulme

Piece 2222/1: Lancashire County
Eccles
Pendleton

Piece 2222/2: Lancashire County
Eccles
Pendlebury

Piece 2222/3: Lancashire County
Manchester
Broughton-with Kersall

Piece 2223: Lancashire County
Manchester
Salford

Piece 2224: Lancashire County
Manchester
Salfrod

Pieces 2225-2230: Lancashire County
Manchester

Piece 2231: Lancashire County
Manchester
Bradford
Beswick
Newton with Culcheth & Kirkmanshulme

Piece 2232: Lancashire County
Manchester
Alt
Alt-Edge
Alt-Hill
Ashton-under-Lyne
Blackley
Cheetham
Crumpsall
Failsworth
Great Heaton
Harpurhey
Knott Lanes with Lees
Knott Lanes & Wood Park
Little Heaton
Moston
Prestwich
Taunton

Piece 2233: Lancashire County
Ashton-under-Lyne
Ashton Town

Piece 2240: Lancashire County
Prestwich
Oldham (St Mary's, St Peter's, Wernet, and Westwood Wards)

many of mine were "lost" until fairly recently

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Jan 2016 23:33

Also, children's mother might not have been dead ............. I have found children in the workhouse when mother was still alive. In that case, she had abandoned them.