Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cwmnoyadd/Cwmneuadd, Cydplwyf

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy

Joy Report 15 Apr 2014 16:39

I have recently discovered that my ancestors lived in the Cydplwyf, Llanina, Llanarth area. If anyone has got information about Cwmnoyadd/Cwmneuadd, or if you are a descendent please get it touch.
thanks
joy :-)

Dea

Dea Report 15 Apr 2014 16:57

A descendant of whom please??

These seem to be place names rather than family names??

Can you please give some 'proper' details of who you are trying to follow and perhaps me might be able to help?

Dea x

P.S. - I see you are quite a new member - Welcome to the boards. :-D

Dea Xxx

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Apr 2014 17:11

If you know any names, and birth years, look for them in 'search all member trees'...........under the 'search' button

Joy

Joy Report 15 Apr 2014 19:58

Sorry, I'm looking for any information on the children of Mary Williams born 1823 Cydplwyf - she was the daughter of William and Esther ( Esther was the daughter of John Jones Cwmnoyadd. Mary went on to marry David Williams a mariner.

thanks

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Apr 2014 20:10

??????????

Name: William Williams
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 04 May 1847
Event Place: Dinmael, Denbighshire, Wales
Spouse's Name: Esther Jones
GS Film number:
Digital Folder Number: 004631320

Buddug

Buddug Report 26 Apr 2014 17:01

Hi Joy
Read your message with interest .My grt grandmother was born in Cwmnoyadd Cydplwyf in 1841 ,daughter of Daniel Evans and Margaret (nee Jones )..I don't know if Margaret was also a daughter of your John Jones .
Cwmnoyadd house is still standing ,but the row of cottages have long gone . I think I might still have a picture of the house .
The house is in a little valley off the beaten track off the beautiful Cardigan Bay coastline ,a few miles from New Quay ,A really tranquil and beautiful place ,a real hideaway.
Do you know the names of Mary' s children
Have you checked the census's ?
If there;s anything else I can do for you ,let me know
kind regards
Buddug
:

Joy

Joy Report 26 Apr 2014 19:03

Hi Buddug,
Thank you for your reply - I've only just started researching this line of the family. The book "Llanina & Cytplwyf" by Sue Passmore, has been of great help, she mentions in her book that John Jones, Cwmnoyadd made a Will in 1839 and it mentions a son David, and two daughters Christiana and Mary. I've also gone through the census.
Mary and David Williams had 8 children - John born 1844, Esther born 1847, Ann born 1849, Sarah born 1851, Mary born 1854, Catherine born 1859, Edward Wern (he went on to become an Independent Minister in Nebo, Hirwaun)and William born 1866.
I'm not sure if there is a connection yet - if I find anything more I'll let you know
kind regards
Joy :-)

Buddug

Buddug Report 28 Apr 2014 11:07

Hi Joy
I also have the same book ,it answered my question regarding the Cwmnoyadd house. I wasn't aware before I read it that years ago there were cottages attached to the house..I would imagine that it was in one of the cottages that my grt gran was born .
Regarding John Jones' will ,do you know that the will can be viewed online in the
National Library of Wales site? Free to view but a charge if you wanted a print out .
Good luck with the research .
Buddug
. :