Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 22 Jun 2009 19:40

Hi there,
I am trying to find an Ellen O'donoghue, who I believe was born in Eire. I have been over to the records office in dublin but it appears that she told a white lie about her age, as she stated she was born in 1931, but there was no trace of her, even going back to 1926. I know her father was called Patrick O'donoghue, and the family address was cloheen in Clonakilty up until 1975. I really am at a dead end, and not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be gratefully gratefully recived. Thank you so much in advance.
V x

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 22 Jun 2009 20:03

Ellens parents were married, but for reasons unknown she gave her age as much younger than she probably was on the records that I have. i think she was probably up to 10 years older than she actually said she was, although I didnt get this information until I came back from Dublin!!
I'm just a bit stuck as to where to go next, I'm nt really sure on the value of searching for marriage records or even death records if I dont have a correct DOB. .....

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 22 Jun 2009 21:00

thanks flo you're a star! which forum would I aks for the look up on?
Vx

Jan

Jan Report 23 Nov 2016 20:20

Hello Vanessa, I too am searching for a Ellen O'Donoghue of Clogheen Clonakilty. Just wondering if you've been successful?

jansmith

jansmith Report 23 Nov 2016 20:35

Hi Jan Vanessa's post was in 2009. She may not see this. You could try highlighting her name and send here a personal message to see if she still uses the boards on here

Jan

Jan Report 24 Nov 2016 19:06

Hi Jan, sounds like good advice - will do!
Thanks very much.