Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 5 Sep 2009 17:39

Hi could anyone help me trace the marriage records of Ceridwen Myfawny Evans( b 1906 Llanfyllin) she is believed to have married a chap called Nancini (surname- 1st marriage) as she has a son called David Nancini, she then went on to marry Myrick Ellis Hughes and had 3 children David, Robert & Emyr. I found this out from an old orbituary paper cutting (she died on 23/03/19820 she would have been my great Aunt.( but gossip in the family says ? Nancini was hanged for murder, is it true?????)
If anyone can help me find any of these birth record I would be so grateful as I have exhausted all my options.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Sep 2009 17:46

2nd marriage:

Name: Myrick E Hughes
Spouse Surname: Nencini
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1948
Registration district: Llanfyllin
Registration county (inferred): Montgomeryshire
Volume Number: 8c
Page Number: 761

Ceridwen M Nencini Hughes Jan-Feb-Mar 1948 Llanfyllin Montgomeryshire

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Sep 2009 17:51

I think the name has been mis-transcribed when matched with Ceridwen:

Name: Alfredo E G Nencini
Spouse Surname: Evans
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1934
Registration district: Chapel-En-Le-Frith
Registration county (inferred): Derbyshire
Volume Number: 7b
Page Number: 2204

Name: Ceridwen M Evans
Spouse Surname: Menoini
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1934
Registration district: Chapel-En-Le-Frith
Registration county (inferred): Derbyshire
Volume Number: 7b
Page Number: 2204

Linda

Linda Report 5 Sep 2009 17:53

Thanks janet, This is a great help

Mary

Mary Report 5 Sep 2009 18:37

Alfredo Ettoire G Nencini 1908 brighton.
Ettoire Luige G Nencini married in brighton in 1907 to either Mabel Price or Jane Vennables.

Maryb

It was Mabel Price just checked 1911 census

Mary

Mary Report 5 Sep 2009 19:22

Well googled Nencini murders which gave Kathleen Emily Nencini murdered dec 1940 and suicide of Albert Hector john Nencini at The Rise Hillingdon.

Searched deaths and this is the same people.
1940 O/N/D Uxbridge V3a page 255 they are both on same record Alfred H J Nencini age 32 =1908.
Kathleen E Nencini 25=1915.
So he killed her then himself,looks like husband and wife,do you think these are the right ones.

Maryb

Linda

Linda Report 6 Sep 2009 12:37

Hi Mary, how the eck did you get the 1911 census??????

Mary

Mary Report 6 Sep 2009 14:29

Easy Linda just go to site and put his name in,its free until you want to view who also in household.I used my last credits to see who Mabel was with.
She was with her parents John Alfred Price born Stepney 16/6/1851 and mum Matilda (nee Dunham) 1854 Nottingham.
Alfredo/Alfred had sister Elena Margarita born 1910.Married 1946 to Gerald R F Brown in Westminster middlesex.

Don't know where the father was in 1911.
What did you think about the murder info?

Maryb

Linda

Linda Report 6 Sep 2009 18:37

Hi Mary, tried all afternoon to use the 1911 census,it does`nt matter what I put in it just comes back as no search found or it has a little red star at the same as the names, telling me I have the wrong name. FRustrating>>>>>>>>>>

The Nencini story as told by a relative was that Cridwen`s first husband Alfredo who she married in 1934(confirmed)..... was hung for murder, she married her 2nd Husband in1948(confirmed) so the year coincides, They had a son David Nencini, as he was mentioned as a mourner in the orbituary as Mr & Mrs David Nancini , Mr & Mrs Robert Hughes & MR & Mrs Emyr Hughes (sons & daughter-in-law) but as yet I have not been able to confirm any of their births or marriages...

Thankyou for all your time spent helping me .Kind regards Linda x
Hi Mary, The info you found on Alfredo must make some sense, I have just been talking to a cousin and he left ceridwen and ran off with another woman, who he killed so your research seems to be spot on, many thanks. Linda x

Mary

Mary Report 7 Sep 2009 08:37

Hi Linda there was also a Christopher A Nencini born J/A/S 1940 to mum nee Evans.
Alfred must have left her soon after or before.
The deaths of Kathleen Emily (note she was down as Nencini but I can't find the marriage record),they died 14 Dec 1940.

Maryb
The national archives have ducuments relating to the murder and suicide.

Monica

Monica Report 25 Apr 2016 02:16

Hello, if you were looking for anymore information still concerning Mr A Nencini, as his great granddaughter I am probably your best source.
Hope you were successful though
Monica Nencini

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Apr 2016 07:35

Monica
It's highly unlikely the posters are looking for further responses as they last posted 6 plus years ago

If you want to follow this up then click on Linda's name and send her a message

If she still has the same email address she will receive it and can resply

:-)