Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Howland family, very confussing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hannah

Hannah Report 27 Oct 2008 14:42

I am trying to find information on Albert Howland born 1887 in Billericay, Essex. he had 8 children with a margaret jervis(jarvis) but never married her anyone know why? he married a Ruth Cakebread in 1922 and had 4 sons. one of these sons was born the same year as one of Margarets daughters with Albert. again any idea why? Also there is information i have found out from members of my family there was another child called Rose which has a different mother to margaret and ruth, any one know who this was, did Albert marry her mother.

Any clues would be extremely helpful.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 27 Oct 2008 15:18

There were several Albert Howlands in the Essex area, are you 100% certain the same one fathered all these children? Do you have ALL the birth certs & the marriage cert?

Hannah

Hannah Report 27 Oct 2008 21:55

yeah i know he fathered margarets children and ruths as ruth is my grandfathers mother and he knew a couple of his step brothers. ( margarets children) but he is very cagey about the whole thing, i was wondering if anybosy had any ideas

Linda

Linda Report 25 Sep 2016 13:29

could we be looking at the same family William howland married ester then after her death married mary bush mty 2 great grandmother they then had 2 children George and sarah George married rosina danils they went on to have Rosa georgina nelson William Marianna Stanley and francis I found that georgina had a son alfead pettock nelson married florance archer William married lily prior Stanley died in1916 and francis married caroline Baldwin
can anyone help me further after that some spelt there names different others were called different started in Essex some ended up in dunmow but I cant find any mor info after approx. 1900s would love to contact family of today to see if they can help

please email me on [email protected]

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Sep 2016 13:36

Hi, Linda -

First, please remove your email address from your post - it's against GR rules, and also not wise on a public site.
If Hannah (or anyone) wants to contact you, she can do so via GR.

Second, you've replied to an 8-yr-old thread.
Hannah probably isn't looking for replies here now. You can try sending her a private message (click on her name at the top of any of her posts). If she still uses the email address she registered with GR, she'll be notified that she has a message from you.

She may or may not reply!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Sep 2016 14:14

Whether or not your family is linked to Hannah's, you can find out quite a bit more from freebmd.org.uk.

For instance (though some of this is from Ancestry):

Francis & Caroline's marriage:

Marriages Sep 1917 (>99%)
Howland Francis W Baldwin Pancras 1b 29[56]
Baldwin Caroline F Howland Pancras 1b 295

Possible birth of son:

Births Mar 1920 (>99%)
Howland Jack F W Baldwin Hendon 3a 821

Son's marriage:

Marriages Dec 1945 (>99%)
Howland Jack F W Wager Hendon 3a 1467
Wager Eileen B Howland Hendon 3a 1467

There's a possible birth of a son in Watford in 1950 - you can find it yourself on FreeBMD.org.uk.

Jack's death:

England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
Death, Burial, Cemetery & Obituaries
Name: Jack Francis W Howland
Birth: 19 Dec 1919
Death: Feb 1993 - Dover, Kent, England

His wife Eileen's death ?? -

England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
Death, Burial, Cemetery & Obituaries
Name: Eileen Bertha Howland
Birth: 25 Oct 1921
Death: Apr 1996 - Ashford, Kent, England

Caroline's death:

Caroline Fanny Howland
in the England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: Caroline Fanny Howland
Birth Date: 5 Oct 1884
Date of Registration: Dec 1972
Age at Death: 88
Registration district: Harrow
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume: 5b
Page: 2491

Francis's death:

Francis W Howland
in the England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: Francis W Howland
Birth Date: abt 1875
Date of Registration: Mar 1951
Age at Death: 76
Registration district: Harrow
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume: 5f
Page: 535

Also, you can try searching for the names of any of the relatives you mention, in "Search all Member Trees" - under Search at the top of this page..
If you find any matching results, you can contact the tree owner by clicking on "Find out more", beside the tree owner's name.
Explain why you think you might have the same relative. Don't share your tree, at least until you know if there's a definite link or not.