Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Half Brother and Sister (Beirne Vorberg)

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patrick

Patrick Report 9 Jul 2011 17:22

Trying to trace my half brother and sister. Vincent surname unknown as was adopted, but original name Beirne also half sister Margaret Vorberg. There mother was/is known as Margaret Beirne who married a Karl Vorberg in 1959, believe they divorced sometime ago. Any info would be greatly received. Thank you.

Flick

Flick Report 10 Jul 2011 08:17

http://www.genesreunited.co.nz/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1273914

WHERE in the world was this ?

Patrick

Patrick Report 10 Jul 2011 08:29

Would help if I had given a few more details! This all happened in the UK, London and I believe the north of England. Vincent and myself were adopted, have no idea about her daughter Margaret, but she was born in London in 1960.

Flick

Flick Report 10 Jul 2011 08:32

Now that you have returned.....please delete your duplicate posting.

Not allowed on GR

Flick

Flick Report 10 Jul 2011 08:35

Sent birth details by PM.....those for Vincent may change your thinking about his birth.

If their mother WAS born in 1938, it wasn't in England/Wales

EDIT: She was born in BELFAST

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Jul 2011 08:42

There's a marriage for a Margaret M Vorberg on Ancestry and someone has her in their tree on this site. Have you contacted them?

Rose

Flick

Flick Report 10 Jul 2011 08:47

On Patrick's other thread, he refers to Margaret by her second married name...............

Flick

Flick Report 10 Jul 2011 08:48

Sent PM with a further possible marriage for Margaret snr

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Jul 2011 08:55

Patrick,

In your PM you mention this:

http://mctiernan.com/miss.htm

Have you tried the email address? The phone number is for Grimsby.

Rose

Patrick

Patrick Report 10 Jul 2011 17:32

There's a marriage for a Margaret M Vorberg on Ancestry and someone has her in their tree on this site. Have you contacted them?

Rose

Thanks for the info no I have not as yet, can you give me details on how to do this, not to sure what to do? Any help much appreciated, thanking you.

Flick

Flick Report 10 Jul 2011 21:13

As you have opened my PM's to you, would it be too much to expect that you might give some acknowledgment?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Jul 2011 22:47

This is confusing:

http://mctiernan.com/miss.htm

Says she married John Beirne in 1959 but it was Karl Heinz-Vorberg.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Jul 2011 23:49

Patrick,

Use the search trees option at the top and look for Margaret Beirne born 1938.

Rose

Flick

Flick Report 11 Jul 2011 09:06

Second husband's death

Name: Vincent Gerald Largey
Birth Date: 14 Jan 1936
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1979
Age at Death: 43
Registration district: Richmond Upon Thames
Inferred County: Greater London
Volume: 14
Page: 1802

Ignore my suggestion about a third marriage - have double-checked, and the dates don't fit

Patrick.....................

Please add your feedback on HERE............thank you

Flick

Flick Report 11 Jul 2011 09:26

I think that your best course of action would be to sign up to the Adoption Contact Register, giving all the info you are SURE of, and hope that your half-siblings are looking for their birth relations, and have also signed up.

Check out the following............

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Registeringlifeevents/Birthandadoptionrecords/Adoptionrecords/DG_175603

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Jul 2011 17:07

Also try www.missing-you.net and add their correct names to Genesreunited.

Rose

Patrick

Patrick Report 11 Jul 2011 17:58

Thankyou all for the you help and assistance given I am most grateful to you all. You have given me some really good pointers. Thanks a million.

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 14 Jul 2011 22:48

yet another

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1274414

'I have been given some info that a tree on this site has the above mentioned in it. He was born I believe in 1933, and was married to M M Beirne in 1959. I know they had a daughter in March 1960. If you can help, would be most grateful.'

Patrick the 'search trees' function is the basic purpose of this website

click the button in the row up above

search for the name Karl Vorberg, you need no other details, and you will find the person whose tree the name is in

there are two individuals by the same name, two different generations, in that person's tree

Sheila

Sheila Report 14 Jul 2011 23:39

Hi

I think you have the name of the sister wrong will send details by pm and poss marriage.

John

John Report 24 Sep 2014 09:52

Vincent (Vince) lives in Grimsby and has seen this board. On his behalf we have sent a private message to Patrick containing Vince's e-mail details. Vince would be very pleased to make contact with his half-brother Patrick, and awaits a response.